Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A Gift From Mother's Day

Medal
On this mother's day, I received some flowers and a red envelop from my honey, a set of make up from my little girl Sam, a brand name wallet from my big girl Wenyi...and I was taken  to Brunch at Saltys' restaurant in West Seattle. The gifts were beautiful and the food was delicious, but what really made me a happiest mother in the mother's day was a medal received from my daughter Wenyi. She won it on May 8th and sent it to me from Georgia as mother's day gift. I am very proud of her and happy for her.
See the picture, someone might be familiar with this kind of medals. Can you guess where this medal came from (what is the organization)? or what is this medal for? (Ask me? Of ourse I know the answer. You guess first)

2 comments:

  1. Well, I'm glad to see that you have a wonderful Mother's Day. I was actually sad that my mom was no longer around, and so all I could do we celebrate her was a picture on my Facebook page. But I did have an opportunity to sit and think about her. As for the metal, I'm not sure what it is! It looks almost military in spirit and of course there is someone riding the horse. I would say the Calvary, but I'm not entirely sure they exist anymore!–LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Rebecca:

      After my sisters and brother grew up, my mother should have had time enjoying her life, but my father got stroke a year ago; she has to be around a sick person all the time. Though she is willing to do things for my father, we worry about her heath too. I have not seen her for more than years. I feel so sad about what I could not do for her. Oh, you are absolutely right about the medal. It is military in spirit. You are the only one who guessed it right. Congratulations!!!
      Huian

      Delete