Saturday, May 12, 2012

Happy Mother's Day


Happy Mother's Day to all our mothers!

Since I cannot spend time with my mom, I ordered flowers online and they will be delivered to my mom's house on Sunday morning in China. My mom is an ordinary, but great mother. She was born in 1934, into a big landlord family. Her rich family did not bring her a good life. Her grandpa had four concubines and eleven sons; turned out, my mother's father had ten brothers. The rich family was broken up soon after my mom was born. During the Chinese Land Reform, my grandpa (my mother's father) was killed by the communist party; of course his ten brothers were killed too. Some male relatives ran away somewhere (they were never found later). The communists tried to kill all males in my mom's big family. This kind of killing was called "Extermination". Fortunately my grandma and her two daughters (includes my mother) were female. Their properties were taken by the communists. My mom lived in a terrifying environment. Later, she married my father who was born from a very poor family (he became a communist party member when he was very young). I have three sisters and one little brother. My mom and grandma took good care of us and supported us going to college. My mom believed that high education could give her children a quality life. We can never repay enough to our mom. She is old now. My sisters and little brother are taking good care of her. I am living too far from my mom, but I have never forgotten that without my mom's kindness and sacrifice, I won't have today's happy life. I appreciate her forever from bottom of my heart.

Mothers always protect their children and they are our first teachers..... They support us, sacrifice for us....We can never thank them enough for what they have done for us. On Mother's day, I want to say Happy Mother's Day to all of the mothers and wish them long life.
Happy Mother's Day

No comments:

Post a Comment