Wednesday, May 9, 2012

My First College School--LNU

Liao Ning Normal University is the former Luda Teachers School founded in August 1951, one of the first teachers colleges in new China. It was renamed Dalian Teachers School in 1953 when seven teachers colleges in the Northeast merged into three. It developed into Dalian Teachers College in July 1958 and Liaoning Teachers College in 1960. In December 1983, it was renamed Liaoning Normal University. In 59 years, over 100,000 students (I am one of them :-) have graduated from LNU; they have contributed significantly to the reform and development of basic education in Liaoning Province.........It is located in Dalian, a beautiful coastal city. This school has two huge courtyards. They are called south courtyard and north courtyard. The library is located in north courtyard. My dorm was located in south courtyard. There were eight roommates in my dorm. We often went out for movies. Since our building door would be locked at nine o'clock back then (I do not know now if the rule is still the same), we had to make an excuse to the old dorm man that we were going to the library. Every time, he was reluctant to open the door for us. Sometimes we had to help each other to sneak in the building by sacrifyingone person. That roommate could not go to the movie with us and would open the building door from inside if we were late. I have lots of good memories from this school. I visit it whenever I go back to my hometown. It has an international exchange students program. You can visit this school by clicking http://english.lnnu.edu.cn/hzjl.htm
Study Abroad
North Courtyard

No comments:

Post a Comment